Kubernetes Engineer (f/m/d)
As part of our agile team, you are responsible for the further development and operation of our K8s clusters together with the teams involved. You will work with different teams (from ops and dev) on these tasks and your results will make everyone’s life easier. As a developer and operator of critical infrastructure, you will leverage the latest technologies and methods to meet our high security standards. Nevertheless you enable us to be innovative and adapt fast to market changes.
Whether full-time or part-time – let us know what works best for you.
We work with
GitLab CI, Argo CD, Nexus, Infrastructure-as-a-code, Kubernetes, Rancher, RKE, Terraform, Ansible, Prometheus Stack, Loki Stack, Kyverno, MetalLB
Python, Go, Java, PHP are used by the developers
This is what you like
- You find it great to derive stable, standardized, and scalable solutions from a variety of different requirements and to implement those successfully.
- You are innovative and like to experiment with new tools and technologies.
- Process efficiency, security, automation, standardization, testing – you are enthusiastic about these topics.
- You rely on proven concepts such as infrastructure as code, automation/orchestration and software testing.
- You like to work with DRY and K.I.S.S. in mind.
These are your qualifications and skills
- You have successfully completed a degree in (business) computer science. Alternatively, you have completed an apprenticeship with an information technology focus or you have appropriate professional experience in the IT environment.
- You are familiar with technologies and tools such as Kubernetes, RKE, Terraform, Prometheus, Loki , Kyverno or similar.
- You have Linux and network knowledge. You are also experienced in at least one scripting or programming language (e.g. Bash, Python) and you are adept in using the command line.
- You ideally have experience in designing and operating highly available K8s clusters (on-premise) in highly regulated and secure environments.
- In addition to your technical know-how, you are highly customer and team oriented. You have an eye for the essential, place much emphasis on transparency and you communicate openly and directly.
- You speak English fluently.
This is what we offer in addition to an exciting job
That is what our colleagues say
"In our autonomous K8s team we develop and operate on-premise K8s clusters with high security and quality requirements of the energy market. Here you will experience the adventures of the K8s team, who set out to discover unknown worlds, unknown life forms and new civilizations. This is great for me, it’s challenging and fun."
Kenan, Kubernetes Engineer at Next Kraftwerke
Have we raised your interest?
We offer you a friendly team in which you have much room to contribute your ideas, as well as a challenging and varied job with a high level of personal responsibility. Join us in shaping the energy transition in Europe. If this job description suits you, please send us a detailed application via the link below.
Julia, Talent Managerin at Next Kraftwerke
We adhere to non-disclosure guidelines and guarantee that your answers will be anonymous.